Sunday, February 1, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 3

This week has been crazy and awful and not so bad and okay, etc. You see, I ran out of the medication that I'm supposed to always take at the end of last week and the pharmacy couldn't fill it over the weekend because they needed to get a refill order and the doctor's office was closed. So I was without them for three days, which made my life completely crazy because coming off meds and then going back on them makes your emotional stability a wreck. I missed a few assignments in this class and a quiz in another class and an assignment in a third class, which all sucked, but at least for this class I can make it up.

This week sucked in general, but one of the cool things that happened after I was back on my meds was that I got to meet my new patient for my psychology capstone class. For that class, we are assigned a patient at Griffin Memorial Hospital for the whole semester to be a companion to and learn more about mental illness, but my first patient got discharged so I needed a new one. My new patient is awesome, though I can't tell you much about them due to confidentiality. They are super friendly and nice and talk a lot and I think we are going to get along really well for the duration of the semester.

Another good thing I did was to get several canvases from Ross with inspirational quotes on them and hang them up in my room (which I've lived in for a year and half and have never decorated) and I also rearranged my furniture so that hopefully will improve my outlook on life. The biggest point of joy in my life, though, is my dog Lily, who is entirely too adorable most of the time (though earlier this week she did poop on my floor - which is strange since she's been house trained for over a year) and just shows so much joy and excitement at just being alive that it's nice to see and strive to be like that. Anyways, I hope everyone else had a better week than I did and I hope that I have a better week next week!

Image Information: Personal Photo of my dog Lily from 12/5/14

No comments:

Post a Comment