Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Gen. Ed. Review

 

Overall I have not had the greatest experience with gen. eds. but that could just be because I prefer all of my majors classes and thought that most of the gen. eds. were a stupid requirement. I liked this class and a couple of the other classes, but why, I ask you, do psychology majors need chemistry/physics, algebra, or environmental science?? They don't! There's no reason for me to have taken any of these things unless I was planning to go to med school and had declared the pre-med option (for chemistry) or something like that. There's no point in a psych major having physics and we learn all the math we need for psych in statistics so algebra or calculus is completely unreasonable. When will I ever use it? Never. Do you want to know why? I have a calculator and the internet my friend! If I were going to design a gen. ed. program it would have the humanities and histories and political classes and english classes that are included now, as everyone should probably know, but would not include anything to do with math, physics, or science, as those things should be based on the degree that you're in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment